Saturday, April 11, 2009

Juice - April 11th breakfast

Making Juice with my new Magimix Le Duo juicer may just be a phase that I am going through. I wonder how long it will last?

I am still experimenting with juice making recipes which I'm just making up as I go along! It's more fun that way. For my breakfast juice today I had the following juice.

Ingredients:
1 carrot (peeled)
1/2 apple
1/2 stick celery
6 stalks komatsuna
1 stalk parsley

It was quite a nice juice. Having the carrot gave it more of a full body and there wasn't a particularly strong greens taste. Possibly the celery diluted the komatsuna somewhat.

I think using carrots will allow me to increase the amount of greens that I use while at the same time ensuring that I actually enjoy the juices that I make. Also making juice with only 1/2 an apple may well help avoid over sweetening my drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment