Sunday, April 19, 2009

Juice - April 18th breakfast

Still feeling sketchy when I woke up I knew that making juice was the order of the day. I found a host of vegetables from my week's juicing that needed eaten, or drunk, soon. This juice is all about using up all the vegetables loosing their freshness in my fridge.

I wasn't overly concerned with the taste of the juice I was to make. Rather I wanted to make juice full of a variety of vegetable goodness and have a lot of juice to drink.

Ingredients:
1/8 cabbage
1/4 lettuce
1 cucumber
6 stalks spinach
1 lemon

Making juice with the above ingredients produced about a pint of juice. Some of this was the water that I had rinsed the lettuce and cabbage with for sure.

The taste was okay. Quite watery with a bit, but not too much, lemon tang.

Drinking juice to cure a hangover does, in my experience, work!

No comments:

Post a Comment